Monday, January 30, 2012

Museums in Fort Worth

One of the main reasons we thought a side trip to Fort Worth would be a good idea was because of its world class museums. The Modern Art Museum and the Kimbell Art Museum were both gorgeous. If ever in the area, I highly recommend both of them. The Kimbell was at the beginning stages of a substantial expansion, so I'll definitely want to go back when they've completed the project.

First stop was the Modern Art Museum, where we were first set eyes on a giant Richard Serra sculpture. Once inside, the museum is a gorgeous space with an incredible collection.




Across the street from the modern was the Kimbell. They had a wing closed off as they were setting up a Caravaggio exhibit, I wish I had been there when that was open!




(Me with a Rubens painting. After all the Texas sized meals we'd been eating, I was starting to feel like these ladies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment