Monday, November 29, 2010

Make Shop & Studio, Dallas

Last week I spent the holiday with D's family in Dallas, Texas. The highlights naturally included hanging out with family and eating way too much food. (I know Thanksgiving is supposed to be about turkey, but look at these homemade Vietnamese spring rolls, or chả giò, my favorite!)

While there I got to visit Make Shop & Studio, the newest store to be carrying my books.
I first met Julie, the owner of Make, about a year ago when she was visiting Providence and came shopping in Craftland. She's also the designer behind 2Enju, whose bags we carry at Craftland. I was so excited to get to see Make in person. It's part store specializing in handmade goodness, (with an incredible collection of garments) and it's part studio where they have classes.
Located in the Bishop Arts District, in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas, this part of town felt nothing like what I expected Dallas to feel like. It was small and intimate, with a great collection of independent stores and restaurants and an almost small city feel.

That section of town also contains Indiegenius, a micro boutique marketplace.
Basically, local artists set up a booth for their products, and then there's a main check out area, so everyone doesn't have to be there all the time.
If you're in the area, be sure to check out both places!

PS: Absolutely loved this sign at Make.

1 comment: