Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding Guest Book

Since the wedding has come and gone, I can finally blog about this guest book. Every summer I get together with 3 friends from college for an annual reunion. This year it was spent in Williamsport, PA at a wedding in a meadow at the bride and groom's country home.

My good friend, the bride, is an avid gardener as well as a lover and appreciator of handmade gifts, so I enthusiastically asked if I could make the guest book for the occasion.
The book was made using some handmade paper that I've had for awhile, but never had the right use for. It seemed like the perfect paper for a garden wedding. I chose a light green silk bookcloth for the spine to match their invitations. The pages were unlined, which I prefer. I think it's a little more fun and encourages people to do more than just sign their name.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out, and loved being a little part of this special day.

1 comment:

  1. I should've taken a picture of you signing it! It's a beautiful book and I know she'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete