Thursday, July 15, 2010

Book Swap

A couple times a year, the Bookbinding Etsy Street Team hosts a book swap. Those participating send a handmade book to another team and receive on in return from a different person. It's a lot of fun, and I've gotten some pretty amazing books.

The most recent swap, I received a book from Laura of Prairie Peasant. She is a bookbinder from Winnipeg in Canada, who shares a love of maps with me. This book is a softcover book made with batik fabric that her husband had brought back from a trip to Burkina Faso in Africa. The paper inside is handmade from a company called Botanical Paperworks in Winnipeg. I love it! It combines so many things I love: textiles, books and travel. I especially love African textiles, and this is a gorgeous piece.
The book I sent in was a map journal that was made with a map with North America on the front and South America on the back.

Looking forward to the next swap.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like the book! The book swaps are so much fun, including the anticipation of what you might receive.

    ReplyDelete