Monday, May 24, 2010

Providence Open Market: Opening Day

Outdoor craft show season is officially here. I'm already regretting not weight training all winter to make transporting tent weights easier. Saturday was opening day at the Providence Open Market. It was surprisingly slow for an opening day, but I still think it went well. It was a lot of fun to see familiar faces, both sellers and shoppers, and to meet lots of new people. It was also a reminder that I'll be spending the summer sewing Rhode Island journals!

I forgot how fun it is to hear everyone tell me about their secret map addictions (this card is often a hit for the addicts), and also to hear their travel stories. It's amazing to me how people can look at a map of a place and be transported right back to that time and place. I heard about one young woman's year spent living in Nepal, and a story about a trip in a rented Volkswagon driving from Amsterdam to Copenhagen by a very old man. I wish I had asked him what year he made that road trip.

As usual, D wore his shirt and was on camera duty. Here are a few photos of the day!

Please come by and visit. I'll be there May 29, June 5 & 19 and then again September 11, 18 & 25. The Farmers Market opens there on June 5, so all you foodies had better come say hi after you buy all that fresh produce.

My space
Heather of Heatherjeany
Suzanne of Tanner Glass

3 comments:

  1. All my friends in one awesome location! I've got to make it down this year. Hope your season is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew this even existed. Hopefully more people will learn about this.

    Mine came via visiting GC:PVD's flickr site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truthspew, glad I could spread the word. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete