Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tanner Glass

I'm sure most of you all know that Rhode Island is in the midst of the devastating aftermath from the worst flooding the state has ever seen. Rivers whose flood levels are 9 feet, crested at almost 21 feet yesterday. Thankfully, I live in a high point of Providence and have seen no problems, but my good friend Suzanne, of Tanner Glass, wasn't so lucky.

Suzanne is an Arts in RI member with me and a fantastic glass blower. I love her work. She has a beautiful color palette and her work is lighthearted and heartwarming. She strives to produce glass that's both practical to own, and fun to have in your home.

This week her Cranston studio was flooded with about 6 feet of water and while she hasn't been able to get into the studio, most of the equipment and supplies are predicted to be ruined, not to mention a lot of her inventory. My first thought when I heard the news was of the tools she had bought in Venice, 10 years ago. You can read the incredible story about them here. I'm really hoping they're still usable.

I couldn't think of any way to help, other than by sending her shop some good vibes, and decided to buy a set of cute glass magnets that I've had my eye on for awhile now. I also figured I'd spread the word about her awesome work in case anyone else felt like doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment