Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that I don't generally post about cooking. Still, there are a few things I like to make, and Irish soda bread is one of them. Last night I baked a loaf, and had some for breakfast today. Why do I only bake this in March? It's so good!

I also made a really good Irish playlist. If you like U2, Van Morrison, Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy, and The Clancy Brothers singing Irish drinking songs, then you should come shopping at Craftland today.

I'm always excited about St. Patrick's Day in the morning, but I'm sure by the end of the day I'll be bemoaning all the drunkards wandering around Providence with shamrock headbands, and wondering why it is my cultural heritage is celebrated by everybody thinking they should get sloppy drunk. Don't forget people: you can drink beer every day of the year! You don't have to do it only today! I think I wrote this same exact post last year, too. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment