Friday, March 5, 2010

Block Printing

I'm going to be teaching a class in the Craftland School of Craft on March 27th on making block printed stationery. Today I thought I should brush up since it's been awhile since I've done it. I decided to do some cards with my home state. (It's funny, I did a bunch of test prints with red ink and couldn't figure out why I disliked it so much since I've been loving red lately. Then it dawned on me, Rhode Island is so not a red state!) I ended up printing them in a spring-y orange/yellow color. I'm happy with them. I do love the slightly mottled effect the block printing gives, as opposed to the nice, clean print of the Gocco.

If you're interested in learning how to do this, sign up here!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I like the uneven look that block printing gives. Wish I was closer, I really need to pull out my inks but really haven't a place for it right now. It would be nice to visit craftland and meet with other artists who are excited about trying it out. Good luck with the class. :)

    ReplyDelete