Monday, March 29, 2010

Block Printed Stationery Class at Craftland

Saturday I taught a Block Printed Stationery class at the Craftland School of Craft. It was a lot of fun. There were two enthusiastic students who were eager to jump right in and start printing. One of the students did two prints of designs based on shells, and the other did two prints that were based on the stencils included in one of my favorite books on printing, Lotta Prints.
I worked on a print based on a photo we took at the Guayasamín museum in Ecuador. There was a collection there of Pre-Columbian tools and wood blocks and I was drawn to that sun motif. It's not quite perfect, but I think interesting enough to keep working on.
The new catalog is out for classes being offered in April and June. I'll be teaching one this Saturday, Journal Keeping for Inspiration, that I'm excited about. Also, in May I'll be teaching a basic Learn to Knit class. You can sign up for each on the Craftland Web site. Check out the other classes while you're there, there's some great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment