My tools include:
- Pencil and pens. Micron pens in a couple of different sizes, and both black and sepia. Then a Pilot precise pen which I like because it's water soluble, so I can use it with my water pens.
- Caran d'ache water soluble wax pastels. These are not great for mixing to get the perfect color, but are great to use with my water pen and easily add color without carrying around too much.
- Trusty glue stick.
- Pair of small scissors. (Packed with my checked bag)
- My travel watercolor set. This one is a little bigger, so I don't usually carry it with me all the time, but I like to have it with me if the occasion arises that I can spend a little more time. Not sure it'll come in handy as much in Quito, but perfect for hanging on a beach.
- Small water bottle to use with the watercolor set.
- Empty slide frame. I'm not great at drawing or painting, so I use this little frame when I need to focus on something. Just holding it out and peering through it often helps me get a good composition together.
- Water pens. Easily my favorite tool. Fill these with water and you suddenly don't need an extra water bottle, extra brush. Perfect for when you only want to carry a few supplies with you.