Friday, November 13, 2009

Breakin' up is hard to do.

Sunday I took the plunge and finally bought myself a mail scale. I've been thinking about this for a few weeks. I know that come December I won't feel like making the time for the daily post office run (I'm thinking positively that I'll have orders to mail every day), nor will I feel like lengthening my walk to work once it turns bitter cold.

I was dragging my feet a little though because I really like going to the post office. This made me wonder, has anyone else who bought a mail scale had the feeling that they were breaking up with their postal worker? Last week when I was there, I felt like telling him "It's not you, it's me. It's nothing you've done, I just outgrew our relationship. I hope we can still be friends. I'll still stop in every now and then for stamps."

And, like all break ups, today when I weighed my first package, printed out the label and shipped out that first package, I had the feeling that I should have done this months ago.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! They all know me by name and would help me out so much. Now I'm closer to my home mailman...and UPS guy...and Fedex guy...

    I do go in to the post office once in a while but click and ship saves me so much time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny... love the last comment/observation. Thanks for your fb note about the granola "first one's free"... we were away and running around last weekend but I got a laugh out of that. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you know that you can schedule your carrier to pick up your package? you can have a new relationship with that carrier!

    my carrier switches all the time and none of them ever talk to me. the perils of living in a big city.

    ReplyDelete