Friday, October 30, 2009

Printing

I'm going to be teaching a class at Craftland on November 7. I'll be showing crafty people how to use potatoes to print on textiles. (You can sign up for it here.) We'll make a set of nice cloth napkins. I was thinking that this weekend I would do a few examples and refresh my memory. This morning I pulled out two of my favorite books on printing by hand. They're not only informative, but the photography is so gorgeous, the instructions clear, and they're inspiring just to flip through. The first is Lotta Prints by Lotta Jansdotter, and the other is Printing by Hand by Lena Corwin. Pick them up if you need some inspiration, or have some boring things hanging around the house that you want to make prettier. If you don't trust your design skills, no worries, both books come with some stencils to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment