Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Barter

Over the summer I had a good friend, Kara, come spend a weekend in Providence and she brought us a gift of the best granola I've ever had. When it ran out, I'll admit it, I immediately needed more and had to ask for a shipment to Rhode Island. Kara suggested, rather than payment, we barter. I sent her a pack of my Mahalo cards and received an awesome bag of granola. The word barter has come up a lot during this recession, and rediscovering it as a valuable part of our economy is in my column of good things that have come out of this difficult period of time. (Be forewarned, Kara, we bought a special vessel just for the granola, so hopefully we'll be doing this again!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me! I love YOUR handcrafted goodness, too, and am happy to barter!

    ReplyDelete