Monday, August 31, 2009

South End Open Market


Yesterday I sold at my first ever SoWA Open Market in Boston's south end. I shared a space with HeatherJeany to give it a shot and see what the set up is like. Overall, it seemed a little slower than I expected, but I still did OK. Plus, it was fun to catch up with Heather and have a day to hang out and chat. The parking/unloading was not nearly the chaos I (for some reason) envisioned. You drive right up to your spot and unload, easy! It was also great to meet JHill Designs, whose work I absolutely love. (Remember these, and then this one?)

My new banner made its debut (thanks, Dad!) and looked good. Only one joke about Rhode Island being actual size.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing SOWA! I did it a bunch last year but wanted to try different shows this year. And yay for sharing with the delightful HeatherJeany! Your set up looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banner does look good! Dads are great, aren't they? So pleased you enjoyed your market; it takes a lot of work and is so good when people appreciate your product.

    ReplyDelete