Thursday, July 2, 2009

Portland, Maine


Sorry for the slow blogging this week. I was down in NJ the first part of the week visiting with family, and tomorrow I head down to Portland, Maine for July 4th. We actually were there last year over the 4th (which is when I took this patriotic photo), and had so much fun we're going back.

Portland is one of our favorite weekend escape cities. It's walkable, has great food, lots of independently owned businesses (I especially love the east end of the city) a great museum (which is free Friday nights), and is right on the water. It's really hard not to love a state whose motto is "The Way Life Should Be." I'm sure life in Maine has its share of everyday problems, but as a weekend escape, it's a great motto to see when you're arriving.

If you have any favorites you think I should check out, let me know in the comments! I'll report back on Monday with photos, a peek inside the journal I'm bringing, and a report on how much lobster DJH ate. (He generally likes to have a daily serving!). Have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment