Friday, July 31, 2009

BYOB Providence

I'm a big fan of BYOB restaurants and think it's definitely a niche in the Providence dining scene that is seriously lacking. We're in the middle of a recession and Providence has been hit especially hard. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that eating out has been a place I've cut back a lot. Maybe it's the Jersey girl in me, but I'm dying for a good Italian place (like an Angelo's) that would let us bring our own wine. (Are there any out there?)

Here's my small list of the places I know about, which all seem to lack a little in the ambience department, I wouldn't mind something a step up in vibe.
  • Pho Paradise and its sister Phonatic: Vietnamese cuisine with the best pho in town. (Pho Paradise is on Broad Street and Phonatic is on Angel Street, a few steps off of Thayer.)
  • Tina's Caribbean: Right on Federal Hill, this place is a gem. Wednesday nights all entrees are $9 and you can bring your own Red Stripe. You really can't beat it.
  • Tokyo: Japanese food on Wickenden Street.
  • Meeting Street Cafe: Located on Meeting Street, just off of Thayer.
  • United BBQ: Relatively new place on Ives Street. Tasty food, but I'd prefer to bring it home and enjoy it from there.
  • Fellini's: Again, Wickenden Street.
  • Sakura: Wickenden Street. I've never been here, but it's been recommended.
  • Los Andes: Chalkstone Avenue. I've never been here either, but I'm dying to try it.
Please let me know any suggestions you have!

3 comments:

  1. Italian - Guido's on Hope St.
    The food is awesome - especially the pasta baked in their oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you know what I think about Pho Paradise! I'll have to check out the others. I haven't been to a BYOB restaurant in a while. I think there is another Vietnamese restaurant in Cranston that is BYOB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O-Cha is decent Thai and sushi on Wickenden St

    ReplyDelete