Monday, June 15, 2009

Providence Art Festival


Great turn out this weekend at the Providence Art Festival. As promised on Friday, I did make sure the sun came and graced us with sunshine all day long. A lot of people came out, I think everyone had cabin fever from a week of rain! I was positioned near fabulous artists and fellow members of Arts in RI, an Etsy street team. We made a pretty impressive showing, if I do say so.

Again, I did well, sold out of all the Providence and Rhode Island journals (so I'll be making a ton more this week) and ended up with some custom orders for places like Iran, Mali and Hawaii. I love people who end up telling me why they're buying a particular journal. I originally had thought of my books as travel journals, but now I realize that they're far more than just for traveling. More often then not, people are buying them for a special connection they have to a place and it's fun to hear what that is.

2 comments:

  1. Fun to get the inside scoop on how and why your products are being used after they leave your studio. Display looks great, and so glad you had a good weather day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who had that kind of influence on the sun!! He lied to me!

    Glad you did well.... Your display looked great!

    ReplyDelete