Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fabric Stenciling





My soon to be revealed "Peach Project" that was originally going to focus on block printing, is now focusing on fabric stenciling. I spent yesterday at the studio of my friend, artist Deborah Baronas. I stenciled onto some tea towels and also onto paper. I'll admit that my experience with stencils was pretty limited prior to this project, but now I'm excited by how easy and fast it is, and still looks fresh and new. Also felt good to be doing some textile design again. Now I'm inspired to add a tea towel collection to my Etsy shop. What do you think? Details of what this peach project is about will come next week.

3 comments:

  1. They look scrumptious! What fun! Can't wait to see your collection in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the color and paint texture (not super thick and gloppy) are great for having limited experience! My project ended up being a stencil too but I'm still cutting all the little pieces out - more on that ASA I can finish it up. Anyway, love your peaches and can't wait to read more about 'em.

    ReplyDelete