Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vermont Open Studio Weekend

This weekend I'll be heading up to Vermont to celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer and to enjoy the Vermont Open Studio Weekend. I first heard about the state-wide open studio weekend from my friend, Vermont artist (and my former weaving professor) Bhakti Ziek, and the more I hear about it, the more fun it sounds.

Today my studio tour guide arrived in the mail from the Vermont Crafts Council (who could not be nicer, by the way) which is neatly organized by county and by type of art. So handy. Asking around cyberspace for some recommendations, I've gotten some good advice on places to visit. See bookbinder Blue Roof Designs blog for some suggestions.

I'll be sure to take lots of photos and have a post next week showing some of the artists I visited. If you have any suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment