Friday, May 8, 2009

Recession Recreation


Summer is on its way to New England. (At least, that's what I hear. The sun is out today, so it actually feels like it may be true.) We're all feeling the pinch a little lately, so this summer take advantage of some of the free fun happenings in your area.

Providence is chock full of free fun. Today I noticed the schedule was out for one of my faves: Waterfire. This is so unique to Providence and something even us locals like to come out for. I particularly like it late night when the crowds have thinned down a bit and the air has gotten a little cooler.

Check out the schedule here and plan a visit. Also, when there, definitely donate. Given there are far fewer dates this year, they must be feeling the pinch too.

(Photo taken by me last summer.)

1 comment:

  1. I have been only twice...I know, crazy. I'm hoping to go more this year. It really makes for a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete