Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Recession Recreation

If you're in Rhode Island, pick up Weekend Walks in Rhode Island (or buy locally at Books on the Square). It's full of 40 hikes around the state. The hikes listed are all well detailed with maps, best time of year to go and what to look for (and free for these recession inspired times). I've done about 4 or 5 hikes so far and they have all been great finds. I've lived here 10 years and still like the feeling of discovering some hidden gems in my little state. Definitely check it out.

On Sunday, with book in hand and some empanadas from my local Portuguese bakery, we headed out to see seals migrating through Rhode Island at Rome Point. (White blob on rock = seal. My camera wasn't powerful enough to get a better shot.) Super cool.

1 comment:

  1. we have that book but haven't had a chance to go on any of them yet!

    ReplyDelete